To our amazing hosts!
Happy Fall! I’m a month behind, so there will be twice the winners in this letter…woo hoo!
So, we’ve been hearing that our emails are frequently landing in spam (including the ones with tour information). Please make a habit of checking your spam regularly (I check ours several times a day), just in case.
IMPORTANT: Effective next month — the host letter will ONLY be posted on the Goddess Fish Promotions blog and not emailed out. Here is the URL: http://www.goddessfish.com/blog/ — we recommend you subscribe to the blog via email (the link to do so is at the bottom of the right sidebar) so as not to miss any announcements, including our monthly winners! Don’t worry, we don’t post there very often, so you won’t be buried in messages. We’re cross-posting this month as a trial, but next month it’ll be there and only there.
Remember… neatness matters. Take pride in your blogs and blog posts! Make sure there are appropriate line spaces, indents; that the text is legible and your links are clickable. We notice, readers notice and authors notice, too. It really does matter. I’ve gotten feedback from folks the past few months, both good and bad, and we’re looking at putting together a few blog posts on simple things you can do to make your blog look professional.
Note for your calendars: we will not be running tours on Thanksgiving Day nor will we run tours the week prior to Christmas. Many of you probably noticed that already (and it’s something we’ve done for the eight years we’ve been around), but we thought we send a reminder.
As always don’t forget, you can VOLUNTEER for tours that meet your needs, either by subscribing to the Goddess Fish Promotions tour blog to see new tour postings as they are posted (never miss a new tour!), following the RSS feed or just by checking the top where we link all the open tours.
Remember: We award a $10 Amazon GC every week to one lucky host. EVERY HOST who posts on time that week will be entered if they miss NO posts for that week. You earn an entry for every stop you host, but if you miss even one for the week ALL entries for that week’s drawings are nullified. The prizes will be sent automatically each Wednesday.
Also, every single review only tour has *at least* a $5 Amazon GC prize for a host, and most have other prizes. Don’t overlook review tours as a chance to win more prizes! Just ask our hosts who win regularly…
And, one last reminder before I announce this month’s contest winners: all winners below must CLAIM their prizes. If you win, you’ll need to email us and claim the prize or you won’t get your winnings. To claim your prize – please email us at email@example.com with “HOST PRIZE WINNER” in the subject, and your name, the prize you won and the tour it was for in the body. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE as it might be overlooked. You have one week from the date of this email to claim your prize or it is forfeit.
This month’s SURPRISE CONTEST!! As always we have a few folks we’re rewarding with a contest we don’t announce in advance. We sent out a couple ‘URGENTLY NEED HELP’ emails for review tours. Had a few responses, and put them into random.org—the winner of the $5 Amazon GC is:
Our Families Adventure for THE WOMAN HE MARRIED
You never know when we decide to reward good behavior. Will it be you next month? Do you retweet? Like/share Facebook posts? Do you help us when we need urgent help? We pay attention and will be doing something unexpected every month. But… you’ll never know what behavior will get a reward!
Now… to our regular contests! Remember, I’m doubling up this month to make up for missing last month’s host letter. Next month, we’ll be back to normal:
All hosts of any August and September tours earned entries in the next contest. The winners are:
$10 Amazon GC: Fabulous and Brunette – DEFRAGMENTING DANIEL
$10 Amazon GC: Queen of All She Reads – SOLITARY HORSEMAN
$10 Amazon GC: Notes From a Romantic’s Heart – DOMESTIC DISCIPLINE
$10 Amazon GC: Louise Lyndon Romance Author Hear Me Roar – ORDER OF FEAR
$10 Amazon GC: Lisa Haselton’s Reviews and Interviews – RUNNING ON EMPTY
$10 Amazon GC: Harlie’s Books – A LADY NEVER LIES
All hosts who sent in direct URLs since the last host letter for their tours at least a week early earned entries in the next contest. The winners are:
$10 Amazon GC: Two Ends of the Pen – BROOKLYN HEAT
$10 Amazon GC: Fabulous and Brunette – THE EVER FIEND
$10 Amazon GC: Wendi Zwaduk – PURE OF HEART
$10 Amazon GC: The Pen and Muse Book Reviews – DECEIVING BELLA
Remember, you need to claim your prizes!
Contests next month will be the same as this month, with one exception—the winners of the first group (for hosting tours, not the direct URLs) will be drawn from the tours the month prior to this letter going out.
Here are the tours that need filling (remember, you can follow the blog to be notified of new tour postings, follow by email to get notified of new tour postings, or simply check the very top of the blog for open tours):
IF YOU CHOOSE TO HOST ANY TOURS BELOW, PLEASE SEND A SEPARATE REQUEST FOR EACH TOUR OR LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE BLOG POST – **PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS LETTER WITH YOUR REQUEST**.
Tours with Openings
- A Princess is Always Right by Stephanie Burkhart (Steampunk / Time Travel Romance – Reviews)
- A Study in Temperance by Ichabod Temperance (Paranormal Steampunk – Reviews)
- Blood Shackles by Rosemary A. Johns (Urban Paranormal Fantasy Romance – VBT)
- Conquered by Paula Quinene (Historical Romance – Reviews)
- Crave Her Touch by A.K. Leigh (Romantic Suspense – Reviews)
- Cubeball by Michael Leon (Sci-fi – Review)
- Fated Hearts by Becky Flade (Romantic Suspense – Reviews)
- Halloween Tour by Multiple Authors (Paranormal – MBB)
- Home Free by Claire McEwen (Contemporary Romance – Reviews)
- Into the Void by Emma Stein (Historical Romance – Reviews)
- Luke’s Redemption by Anni Fife (Contemporary Erotic Romantic Suspense – MBB)
- Luke’s Redemption by Anni Fife (Contemporary Erotic Romantic Suspense – Review)
- Lyrical Press Historical Romances (Historical Romance – BBT)
- Mexican Hat Trick by T.S. O’Neil (Action Adventure – VBT)
- Morgaine Le Fay and the Viking by Kimbra Kasch (YA Fantasy Romance – Reviews )
- New Directions by Jamie Hill and Jude Pittman (Romantic Suspense – Reviews)
- One Safe Place by Robena Grant (Contemporary Romance – Review)
- Pale Rider: Zombies vs Dinosaurs by James Livingood (SciFi/Fantasy – MBB)
- Portraits of the Dead by John Nicholl (Pschological Thriller – FSVBT)
- Sound Effects by LJ Greene (Contemporary Romance – Reviews)
- The After War by Brandon Zenner (Dystopian – MBB)
- The Bridesmaid’s Checklist: Laura’s Wedding by K.T. Castle (New Adult Romance Chiklit – MBB)
- The Diamond Head Deception by James Blakley (Mystery Thriller – Review)
- The Gathering Dark by Charles O’Keefe (Paranormal – Reviews)
- The Ghostwriters by Mickey J. Corrigan (Psychological Thriller – Reviews)
- The Second Man by Emelle Gamble (Romantic Suspense – Reviews)
- The To-Do List by Sharon Struth (Romantic Comedy/Suspense – Reviews)
- The Wolf’s Torment by Stephanie Burkhart (Paranormal Romance – MBB)
- Unwrapping a Marriage by Reana Malori and Michel Prince (Contemporary Romance – NBTM)
- What You Don’t Know by Elka Ray (Suspense – Review)
- What You Don’t Know by Elka Ray (Suspense / Crime Short Stories – NBTM)
- Within A Captain’s Fate by Lisa Olech and Veiled in Blue by Lynne Connolly (Historical Romances – Blurb Blitz)
Any questions, comments, thoughts, suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We appreciate you.
Marianne and Judy